Racesafe (“Racesafe” or "We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://racesafe.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Racesafe, 19 Cronin Courtyard, Cronin Road, Corby, NN18 8AG (Registration number: 8421225)
Our data protection officer for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the Regulation) is James How and he can be contacted on the details provided at the end of this policy.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site http://racesafe.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes any information you give us for the purposes of applying for a job opportunity or reporting a problem with our site. The information you give us will include your name, the content of any message, your company (if applicable) and your email address and, for any job applications, the details contained in your CV which may include your personal address, phone number, employment history and other personal information you choose to share.
• Information we collect when you call us. If you call our customer service line we will automatically collect the following information:
• the phone number used to call our customer service number;
• A recording of all inbound and outbound calls and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to provide you with information about the goods and services we offer whether by email, on a phone call, in a meeting or in marketing materials such as technical brochures;
• If relevant, to provide you with further information, either by email or on a phone call, about any job opportunities as they may arise.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us. We will use this information and the combined information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure,
• (depending on the types on information we receive).
• Information we collect when you call us. We use the call information for training and quality purposes and in the event of any investigation, dispute or query.
Retention of your information
We will keep information about you for as long as may be necessary to contact you regarding the requested information about our goods and services or any job opportunity and, in any event, for a maximum of 6 years after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required remove such data from our records.
Telephone records. We will keep these up to 120 days from the time the recording was made.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and
• selected third parties including our website developer, Hosting Platform and search engine providers, that each assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
• We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Racesafe or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by writing to us at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with the processing of your data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) which is the supervisory authority for data protection in the UK. We request that you first bring any complaint to our attention before contacting the ICO so that we may take appropriate action to resolve the issue.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing your personal information at any time. Your withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data prior to such withdrawal.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act and/or the Regulation give you the right to access, rectify or erase information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and/or the Regulation. You may make lodge an access request contacting James How Protection Officer at Racesafe, 19 Cronin Courtyard, Cronin Road, Corby, NN18 8AG, contacting email@example.com , or calling 01536 771051. Any access request will be processed as required by law. Racesafe will provide you with a copy of any personal data undergoing processing free of charge. For any further copies requested by you, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. Once you have obtained this personal data from us you have the right to reuse it for your own purposes across different services.